CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
if it was behind them, did they actually see the kick? Maybe the dog did something unexpected. Labs bite tons of people every year.

My experience with kicking dogs is that it's really hard to do. But the one time I connected, I immediately felt bad about it. Dog running straight for me, teeth bared, pretty scary. So I swung back my leg and as I was swinging it forward, the dog pulled up. So my kick actually connected for once. We were both pretty shocked. I just don't see how you could kick a large dog hard enough to get it off the trail. Not to mention the physics of kicking a dog sideways off of a moving bicycle.

I love dogs but I'm generally unapologetic about hitting them if they are threatening me and close enough to bite. And I'm generally not going to stop in the presence of a dog that was at all aggressive
Not only that, but hit it "just right" that you don't bash its face, but makes its heart stop. A frigging cardiac arrest. On a dog that just happens to be owned by an expert in reviving dogs who suffers just that.
Seriously, the more I think of this story, the more outlandish it seems. In fact, it seems like the owner is trying to drum up business.
Likes For CargoDane: