View Single Post
Old 08-19-12, 06:23 PM
steve mareno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Simple is good, but I would want something more than full on or full off. That is a neat little kit though.

My mechanical ability is fine, but the electrics puzzle me a little. Way back when, I used to be a certified auto mechanic and actually specialized in electrics, but cars were, and are, VERY specific to the maker. You could be a wiz at VW's, but a Toyota would be like starting from scratch because everything would be so different. I just figure something real simple will last longer and be easier to fix, which is why I'd like to stay away from sealed boxes full of printed circuitry if I can. Nothing to do w/ controllers but replace them when they go bad.

My old bike had a twist grip throttle that worked great, but generally I had the throttle in only a few positions. So a switch w/ 3 or 4 positions should be enough. Maybe I just don't understand the mechanics of electrical flow, but I was wondering if I couldn't simply run wires from the battery, to a variable or 3/4 position switch, then to the motor. No controller. This would be w/ a brushed motor by the way.

Last edited by steve mareno; 08-19-12 at 06:47 PM.