Old 10-10-18, 10:26 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
People walk around in a trance (usually because of cell phones) and I make no apologies about snapping them out of it. The other day some women nearly runs into me and I said, 'focus cell phone zombie." And she said, "you don't have to be rude" And I said, "back at ya!"

It never ceases to amaze me how people can get mad when you admonish then when they're dead wrong. They run into you then tell you how you're suppose to react. Where does that even come from?

You didn't just admonish her, you called her a name. People generally don't respond well to that. "Hey", "watch out", "pay attention", any one of those would have "snapped her out of it" without the insult.

I got admonished to "get out of the road" twice this weekend by people claiming I was supposed to ride to the right hand side of a right turn lane while going straight. They always seem a bit shocked when I don't take their "constructive" criticism well. I might be inclined to be a bit more polite about correcting them if they didn't lead with the always snarling "get off of the road".