Wileyrat

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 133 Posts
h
Originally Posted by Illgot
which is fine, if you officially shut it down we are no longer liable and forced to use the bicycle lane. By parking there and just blocking it without making it official you are forcing bicyclists to retain liability while taking up the bicycle lane. Make it official, don't be lazy and don't use the bicycle lanes. It's no different than if you just decide to park in the middle of the vehicle lanes because it is more convenient.
I composed a long post explaining to you the way the MV laws are regarding utility work and traffic restrictions, but it timed out before I had a chance to post it. So, I'm just going to say you better know the laws and what you're talking about before you post your response, because I do. It's what I do for a living.

In a nutshell I can't block a sidewalk without closing it due to the ADA laws, but I can legally park in a bike lane, with my cones out, until our work function is complete. Remember, I'm a cyclist too, and I don't like it either, but that is the way it is.

Last edited by Wileyrat; 07-10-20 at 02:19 PM.
Likes For Wileyrat: