View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 04:50 PM
Boondocksaints

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Raleighs are a solid value, but I wouldn't wet my pants over a 10% discount. Challenge for DIY road bikes is mounting a throttle (if you decide to use one), so that's a consideration (I'm not a good source for road bike info because the one I have is based on a mid-80's Schwinn MTB and throttle-only (I pedal too).
I live in NYC and throttles are currently illegal I think. Although I have seen plenty of crazy looking MTB conversions with throttles and overclocking to allow 40 MPH in the city anyways.

I want a throttle but don't know if the risk of confiscation is worth it.

Originally Posted by Dewey101
If you’re going to build an electric road bike you’ll want a torque sensor, and do you want Class 3 28mph speed? The 750w version of the TSDZ2 mid-drive motor was reviewed on electricbike.com and looks a useful motor to convert your choice of road or gravel bike, Luna Cycle are selling it with a battery for $900.
I want as much speed and power as possible. So Class 3.

Just starting from the ground up so I haven't even decided whether I should try a MTB or gravel bike conversion. Or if I should just buy the whole thing from a manufacturer.

Both my normal bikes (road bike and mountain bike) have been recently stolen. Ughh. So I decided I'm getting an e bike as my main bike for now.