Old 04-09-24, 11:56 AM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
from the looks of this thread you hav eonly had this since january. the trainer should not be failing that quickly. and a FW update should not be the solution unless they shipped a product with a known FW bug. but it sounds like it was all peaches and cream for you in the beginning. i doubt more rides are going to make s difference.

if you unplug and remove the bike does the trainer move smoothly? on my old kicker i could grab the flywheel and spin it easily. when doing that it should come to a stop and rotate in reverse for a degree or two. sort of like back emf in a motor dissipating.
It spins smoothly with the bike off/unplugged.

The issue started when I did the old manual calibration - immediately. This is why I think its software.

I took the bike off last night, got it out on the road for the first time in a few months (been riding a different bike on the road) - and at 20mph it was a breeze to ride. It used to be 20mph on the road was harder than 20mph on zwift, now it's flipped. That bike is in the shop now for a tune up, when I get it back I will put my power pedals on it and compare to the trainer reading.

My RPE and HR being the same, I now average .5-.75 wkg less on the trainer than I did before the calibration.

IMHO it's 100% software/firmware. The power meter will tell the story.