View Single Post
Old 02-19-19, 02:58 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by ironwood
The availability of public assistance in getting to medical appointments is, unfortunately, a political question. I live in an area where disabled seniors can go to their appointments for a modest fee.

My neighbor who can't walk on her own, uses it regulerly. This is so because of a political decision. It is not true everywhere in the US.

I'm sort of surprised that you don't have something similar, since in most ways you are way ahead of us in providing medical care.
Since you live in Boston, @ironwood , I posted earlier about my nearly ideal situation for car-free (or car-light) medical situations.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
So too, Boston is a medical mecca, and major teaching hospitals are within about two miles, and we have a car parked nearby. For a personal crisis, one is always advised, don't drive yourself.

A
mbulances, taxis, and Uber are always available, and subway lines bring you to a short walk of a Hospital or doctor's office, at least where we live...
Location, location, location...

PS: Apropos of this thread, "Dealing with Medical Situations,"I recently replied (link) to a General Cycling Discussion thread, "Life-saving cyclists" about cycling Emergency Medical Technicians.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 02-19-19 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added PS