Old 05-20-20, 04:30 AM
MaxDB

Bikes: Batavus Comanche, Fangio Vitus 788

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by aural exciter
I was diagnosed with Fibro. I was prescribed all kinds of meds... which I don't take. All of my joints hurt and my muscles feel like they're on fire. I was sent to physical therapy and found that the only thing that worked was the stationary bike. So I went on a strick diet (holistic) and started riding again and I am starting to defeat this. I hope this may be of value to someone.......plus it's way more fun PT.

Hi,

Sad to hear about the Fibro diagnosis, don't let people get you down with the comments like "it's only in your head", they have never experienced it themselves so don't listen.

My dad has been sick for 15 years now, only the last few years they found more about what could cause his complaints, and because he was so sporty and fit doctors didn't take him seriously when he was telling them about the pain in neck, shoulders, back, legs, about his "down days" etc.
He was then diagnosed with neuralgic amyotrophy (syndrome of parsons-turner), which causes a heavy burning sensation in the nervous system especially in the upper limbs.
In the last year an MRI also revealed cystes on his nerve canal in the lower back causing severe pain in the lower limbs, numbness and not being able to walk properly.

All he can do is ride his electric bike on a light cadence and low power output. If he has a good day, he tends to try to do as many things as possible like having a long walk or work around the house but he always regrets it the days after.

​​​​​He's been taking almost everything of vitamins, minerals, pain killers etc, the only that helped a bit were the opiats as I recall.

Just take it day by day and take it easy even on your good days is my advice... Don't lift heavy weights and try to protect your muscles as much as possible.

You might have a look at the parsons-turner as well because lots of doctors don't look further than "rest and you'll get better".

​​​​
​​​
​​​​