Old 09-23-06, 05:34 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by uxrider
No before pic but here is a current one. I have been cycling seriously for two years now and despite racking up over 2400k. last summer and 2570k already this year and at least 75,000 cal burnt each year, I have not lost a pound. I have not changed my eating habits (I know I should!) but genetics is a huge part of this whole deal. I have included a pic of me and my buddy dirty dave (guess which one he is!) Dave is 80lbs lighter than my 200 and it was quite entertaining to ride the Hastings Hilly Hundred together today. I would blow by dave on every descent without even pedalling, then he would spin past me on the uphill sections (of which there were many). My point is to have fun with it, losing weight is great but the benefits of riding are many even if the pounds don't fall off.
Very good point! Even if you don't lose an ounce, the heart gets and stays strongeras well as the lungs! Ev3ery minute on the bike is two minutes longer you'll live as a result of the exercise!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant