View Single Post
Old 08-01-18, 08:26 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
other than an extra web experience to deal with, I don't like the fact that they could just decide to shut you down at any time. Garmin decided my device was EOL and that they weren't going to fix some glaring errors, just wash their hands of the device. But I can still use it. I have been avoiding any device that requires a web interface, it just doesn't make sense to me. My daughter bought a fitness watch where the company got bought out and the new owners just pulled the plug on the website. Poof! No longer works, buy one of our other fine products!

Originally Posted by tunavic
The new Garmin Edge Explore has gotten good reviews including a complete review from dc rainmaker and it's specifically marketed for touring cyclists and others who want turn by turn navigation. Other than power and Strava live segments, it does everything else and includes maps. All for retail of $250

Knowing all this, why bother with Lezyne?
Other than I have vowed never to buy another Garmin, that does look good. I'm a bit wishy-washy on that vow. Need to know more though. Somebody buy one and test it for me by riding 24 hours. The Garmin Touring was a disaster for too many people I know, so I'm going to wait. The touring looked perfect for me, but a lot of people just couldn't get it to work.

Last edited by unterhausen; 08-01-18 at 08:31 AM.