Old 07-16-19, 06:35 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,836 Times in 2,229 Posts
Bought a crankset, the lowly bike now intrigues! Vintage city rider???

Meat of the issue up front is:
The top tube on this 61cm frame is only 55cm !!! Really 55 on a 61 (ctc) frame.
And I don't need another drop handlebar road bike.

How about a city bike with upright riding position? The Nitto stem goes way up, bars should be somewhat forward, I can't envision swept.

Backstory: A friend says to me, 'Want an inexpensive bike that might fit you...….?' Well NO, but the fuzzy pic shows black crank+drilled rings... so, YES, I would like to go LOOK at it's condition. And besides the seller has a biggie collection. Couldn't take just the crankset = had to take the whole bike, so no problem. The black crank goes for a black bike I own and the Frejus can get a Stronglight or Nervar in silver.

It's a low-end Frejus frame + fork, with basic lugs unfiled, stamped (but thick) dropouts/forkends, no rear derailleur hanger. After a few wipes, it appears undamaged, rust free, nothing stuck and with kickstand. Huret Svelto rd, Huret fd + shifters, universal brakes/levers. Normandy hubs with mismatched rims. The wheels pictured are swapped in as original 27" wheels have no tires. Paint and decals in pretty good shape.

Then I read about Frejus - the rich history, the innovation, partnership with Legnano, Bozzi Group, Milano, etc, etc

So I am intrigued by this low-end Frejus and think it could be a city bike in my collection. I guess the manufacture to be late 60s, possibly early 70s.

I am lead to believe it came to me from original owner, through a vintage collector, who only removed the seatpost and leather saddle.

This is the crankset I wanted for another bike.

Here’s the bike. No rust.

Headtube is only a decal and only peeling at one corner

Seat tube decal has minor damage

Seat tube

Last edited by Wildwood; 07-16-19 at 07:28 PM.