View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 08:53 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingFool95
Somebody must or they wouldn't offer it. I miss my 8 speed Chorus and its ability to shift 8 gears in one shot (not that I did it often). Want to buy a brand new 2018 Centaur group? Couldn't even bring myself to install it on a bike.
What's the issue with installing it? Currently looking at Potenza for my wife's cross bike but the centaur looks good to me as well.

Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Is it 10 speed Centaur? I actually might be interested. Have you even tried the levers? You could be pleasantly surprised.
Well, we certainly agree on the superiority of Ultra Torque to Power Torque.
What's the superiority? I just today installed a power-torque crank, cx11, and thought it was a decent design though the whole bearing stuck on the crank bit seems a bit wonky to me. I've got an ultra-torque crank, chorus 12, sitting by the bench waiting for my frame to arrive and I've looked it over. Honestly I don't see anything that to my eye makes it more special then the power-torque and it too has the same goofy bearing situation, the Chorus crank is obviously nicer in style, bolt pattern and weight but really I see the two spindle styles as a total toss up.
Been thinking if the bearings fail rather then deal with weird things I'd turn some shims on the lathe and just install them with a King or White Industries BB. Though I do prefer how Campy deals with the whole BB30 nonsense which is what I installed the cx11 into.