polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,082 Times in 522 Posts
How to maximize eBay profit on a PX-10?

EDIT: Pics added below.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention no pedals.

I suppose this goes for most bikes, but I know these are probably a bit sought after by people around the globe (or maybe they aren't anymore, I don't know). I've got a 58cm 1972 PX-10 that upon a cursory inspection is in decent shape and mostly original but front wheel is bent, no damage to the fork or frame though. Paint is mostly all there and should shine up nice. Decals are in good shape other than the 531 fork decals which are about half there. I don't have any interest in cleaning this bike up and riding it and figured it's a good candidate for entering the eBay world. I've only sold one bicycle related item on eBay before and it was just a frame set.

How should I approach this? Strip it, clean the frame up and part it all out? Sell it as is? Clean some of it but keep it together? Clean everything and part everything out? Auction? Reserve? Etc. etc.

Any insight is appreciated. I'm no expert on Peugeots, french bikes or racing bikes, but would hope to net around $400 or so. I'd post pictures but it's in storage at the moment, will be pulling it out later today to inspect further.

Last edited by polymorphself; 10-08-20 at 06:35 PM.