bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
True, aside from the hassle of cleaning all the components and then researching what they all are and how much they are worth. Would you auction components or buy it now or both?
Depends on how much free time you have and how you value it. I really enjoy the 'meditative' aspect of wrenching. Also, I'm pretty new to C&V, so every time out is educational and I really enjoy researching frames and components.
If you enjoy the research aspect and are okay with disassembling and cleaning each individual part, you can get a lot more money out of it. Also, the level of wear and tear is important to consider. If everything is looking lightly used, you're golden. You can probably get close to 300 with just the components if you have a nice Stronglight crankset, Ideale saddle, Simplex derailleurs and Mafac brakes and some nice French pedals. The frameset, if without any cosmetic or structural issue might get you 200-300. Maybe more.
Also, I would auction them. Lower fees and you know when to expect money. All just my 2 cents. Long answer to short question, sorry.