Old 10-08-20, 06:16 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Agreed. I considered it but in the end I've decided I am done with projects for some time. I also don't have a strong interest in racing bikes. Funny thing is after having this bike for awhile and looking at many photos I think I've decided that I actually prefer the plain lugs, or at least like them as much as the nervex pro lugs. The understated black is really nice. I also like this years more relaxed geometry. But still, it's not going to be a keeper for me.

Although, if I do go the part out route, do most people have scales at home for calculating shipping costs? That could be a pain without one I imagine...
I do, kitchen scale, primarily for breadmaking. If you want to save on shipping, helps to have around. But there's a lot to be said about flat-rate shipping boxes and envelopes from USPS. Doesn't matter what it weights, you can ship it. But I really wouldn't part it out, I think you'd be doing it and yourself a disservice. (Edit: Scale I have is the Ozeri ZK14-S, $14 on Amazon, lasted me several years now, still on OEM battery)

I think someone can overlook the parts that aren't stock. I would get some degreaser like the purple (not green) Simple Green HD product, spray it down, let it soak, brush all the nooks and crannies, get some ultra-fine bronze wool and run it over the chrome bits, take good pics and list it locally. I think $450 to start and offer knocking some off for a no-hassle cash deal. I suspect you'll get it. The condition of the paint and lack of frame rust makes it pretty exceptional, frame is in better shape than nearly every PX10 I've owned. Doesn't even have any crackle.

I also prefer the simple lugs, but I suspect we're in the minority there. My current PX10 is metallic blue and not nearly that condition.

Likes For francophile: