gwd
Biker

Bikes: one Recumbent and one Utility Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spambait11
Any advice on how you go about selling a car? Do you craigslist it? Go to a dealer? Use a reputable online site?

I'd like to sell both of our cars but don't really know the protocol or process - i.e. what kinds of payment to accept, allowing others to test drive, etc. I know my ignorance is blinding to some, having grown up in this culture, but I've always liked bikes more than cars anyway.
Every time I've sold cars I just ask around the neighborhood and someone pops up. Make sure the state paperwork is filled out proprerly and thats it. As I recall I took cash but if it is someone you know you know if their check is good. Perhaps I didn't get as good a price as I could have but I was always dumping them for a reason. I gave a motorcycle away to someone who appreciated it and traded a van for other considerations. Nowadays I see advertisements from charities that will haul the thing away for a tax deduction. You might be able to get some money from a scrap metal dealer too. Its pretty much like getting rid of an old bike your options depend on the condition and who you know except there is more paperwork with the title transfer.