View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 09:03 AM
5kdad

Bikes: Felt Z100 road bike, Schwinn Frontier, Salsa Marrakesh, box-store tandem, and Sun Recumbent trike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by deacon mark
I have BPH and had 3 biopsy's since 2007. I was 46 when I had first biopsy as PSA 3.2 then went to 3.8 6 months after and had another. Both were negative and 5 years ago had another after a 9 psa. That was negative and a recheck of PSA 6 months after was back to 4.5. Since then psa runs around 4.8 not rising but I had Greenlight PVP back in May. I could hardly urinate and was retaining a lot of urine. It help a lot and now I can go fine. I have to go in for follow up next month and will see. PSA of 7.66 is high but if your prostate is really large it can show higher levels. I would see about having the greenlight if you get any problems. I actually waited too long and the effects on my bladder no so good. Now I can ride for 3 hours and not have to stop and pee 3 times, before the laser it was getting really bad.

I am surprised at the MRI of prostate I did not know they could use that to detect cancer. Biopsy is pretty standard although not fool proof it can only show that the cores they took either have cancer or did not. They can miss the cancer.
I think the prostate MRI is something fairly new. It was my understanding that they'd had the equipment to do that for sometime, but didn't have anyone with the "eyes" to properly read the MRI. So glad it was a step they could offer, before the biopsy step.
Really appreciate your reply and information. I'd not heard of the Greenlight PVP. Where did you have that done? My doctor is in Springfield, MO.