Old 10-17-18, 02:00 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveQ24
Man, at 53, my PSA is low (IIRC, a 1 or 2 at most), but I have this uncomfortable feeling that I don't empty my bladder completely when I go. My PCP is a woman, and she has never done a DRE of my prostate -she has said that she can't perform the test adequately on most male patients because she is a very tiny Asian woman, about 5'1", with proportionately tiny hands, and her finger isn't long enough (hope that's not TMI, guys!). She refers all of her male patients with problems or concerns to a urologist. I haven't taken that leap yet, but I really should, since this issue isn't going away, it's been getting worse over the past few years. It's probably a sign of BPH. I guess I should just bite the bullet and get it over with.
"
Go see a urologist even with a low PSA it does not mean much as the concern is how fast it is rising in relation to the baseline. A baseline PSA of 3 is higher depending on your age but going from 3 to 3.5 is not the same as going from 1 to 1.5. The jump is bigger on the lower numbers. The DRE can tell much if prostate has issue. Getting it early is the key. At some point in advanced age maybe over 75 to 80 they find that those prostate cancers are less aggressive and you probably will die of something else before the prostate cancer. Usually the younger the diagnosis the mover aggressive it tends to be. Get it checked.