View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 08:46 PM
vintagerando

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by antimonysarah
Seriously! One of the things I really like about randonneuring is that people don't judge. Chat about minutia of bike/equipment/food/strategy as far as the day is long (day and night, really, we're randos after all), but anyone who shows up and rides on whatever equipment is welcomed, from the folks who can set course records on anything to full-value riders who need every advantage they can eke out of their equipment.

(The only thing being judged is that you have reflective/lighting gear after dark )
Yes, this is the randonneuring community I know. Not, "hey dude what have you done? ", "what are your accomplishments". Well, most people don't judge; seems we have at least one poster that is more interested in my riding resume. The original post was supposed to be just a simple query. Possibly I could have added more info about what I have done since the failed attempt.

Bottom lines seems to be the following: I should ride the bike I am most comfortable with and the weight difference will have little bearing on success and failure.

'
Likes For vintagerando: