View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 12:31 PM
MichaPau

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HLW
I'll give you the best fit rundown I can. The Expat on the Jamis site looks like a 54. My Expat is a 56. In the pics below I set it back up as close to stock as I can (90mm stem and 2cm of spacer below the stem) so you can get an idea of how it will fit on the sales floor. I'm 5'10" with a 89cm inseam, I generally run my saddle 77-78cm depending on riding conditions. Saddle height is 77cm from top of saddle to center of the bottom bracket in the pictures. I have 7.5cm of saddle setback. This setup has a saddle to bar measurement of 53cm and a saddle to bar drop of 4.5cm. This is as neutral of a position as I can give you, hope it helps. This is what I look like on the bike in "stock" mode.

The 56 will provide you with the most versatility in terms of fit. I test rode the 58 and the only reason I would ever ride it is if I needed to get my handlebar at or above saddle height. If the bike you have now really only has 370mm of reach then both sizes will feel longer, but the 58 will feel huge. A few things that would help with fit are your current saddle height, how much saddle to bar drop you want, how much saddle setback and the distance from the nose of your saddle to the middle of your bar. Are you looking for a more/less aggressive position than the one above? If you scroll through the thread you can see two setups I've used. The 650b is much more relaxed for trail/gravel and the current setup a few posts back is 2cm longer and 2.5cm lower than the one above. Below is a pic of the bike itself for your reference.
Thanks again for the information!

The bike arrived two days ago and I am very happy with the size and position and everything. I just rode like 15 km but the first impression is very nice.

It came with 4 spacers on the steam, I see yours has them as well, I put the two little ones above the steam, to lower the position a little bit.

Funny fact, it was assembled by 'Evans cycles' in the UK. All the English bikes have the rear brake lever on the left side. They are even forced to do so by law. I didn't know that! I guess I will switch them back