Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by MrK.
Went to a local park today that has about 6 miles of hilly paved driving roads and about four miles of MTB trails. I am riding up on a guy walking along the dirt track, not close enough to hear me approaching yet but close enough that I am planning my line around him and when I'm going to announce my presence. He casually turns around and sees me approaching. He gets an OH S__T! look on his face. Suddenly two dogs burst out of the bushes on my left and circle around to my right. I jump off and get the bike between us. They are barking and snapping at me. The owner finally arrives, winded from his 30 yard jog and proceeds to leash them and apologize and mutters some stuff like it's my fault for surprising him. I pass it off and go on about my trail ride. About 45min later I pop out of the woods all the way on the other side of the park. Sure enough there he is about 30 feet away. One dog is leashed, the other isn't. The loose dog immediately attacks. He was on me before I could get fully stopped and grabs my foot in his mouth and starts chomping and shaking. I kick the dog off but undeterred he is committed. As he comes back in for a second chomp the obese owners arrives and starts beating the dog with the leash and hollering obscenities which I'm sure the dog has heard before but I'm pretty sure he didn't understand. At this point I want to GTFO so I ride off without waiting for a second lame apology. Lost interest in my ride so I loaded up and left. No broken skin but a slight bruise under my toenail.

Fortunately it was 15-20 lb mutt and not a 50 lb pitt bull. This park has a leash ordinance but no one enforces it. Had a shepherd chase me a year ago but the owner was able to call it back. I'm going to talk to the judge in charge of the park later this week.
Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest.
Why did you not call law enforcement? I love dogs. I have no tolerance for a POS dog owner. Personally I would have strongly dissuaded that dog from ever doing it again.
Likes For Paul Barnard: