View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 06:40 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
I've ridden in protected bike lanes, unprotected bike lanes and major roads without bike lanes in both in winter and summer. I prefer the protected bike lanes. The snow and debris in them are no different than in unprotected bike lanes.

Motorists do respect that painted line of an unprotected bike lane but at intersections when a car wants to turn right, I prefer the protected bike lane. It gets murky and confusing when cars enter the dotted line of the bike lane to turn right.

There also seems to be a contradiction with motorists and bike lanes. For those who like bike lanes, some think the cost is a waste of money. For those who don't like bike lanes, they also want bicycles to get out of their way.

Studies in Denmark and Copenhagen show that roads cost taxpayers money but bike lanes saves taxpayers money.

There is no trying to convince any motorist if he is not willing to be open minded about it. It doesn't matter. What matters is the politicians who has to decide to continue with the congestion, pedestrian fatalities and pollution or to try to improve it all.

Last edited by Daniel4; 06-09-19 at 06:46 PM.