Old 06-13-19, 12:14 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by spinnaker
You should at least take the time out to visit Bicycle Heaven.

I live near the Pittsburgh Airport. About 10-12 miles to the city but I have a route that is either down hill or mostly flat.

If you are coming in by train would mean you are backtracking but as long as it is a night before a weekend I could pick you up at the station.

If you are renting a car then it is easy. Just drop it off at the airport and then it is mostly bike trail to my place. The last bit road up a steep hill but again I could pick you up.

Or if you did not want to stay here but want to drop the car at the airport then you can take the Montour Trail to the GAP. Well worth seeing. There is camping not far from the turnoff from the airport trail segment. If you took the Montour it might mean missing the city but there are options to ride the Montour and see the city tooo.
Where is Bicycle Heaven? My itinerary is pretty tight for the Pittsburgh part of this trip, but depending on where it is and how quickly I get into town and get settled, I might be able to check it out.

I'm flying in tomorrow evening. I had originally thought to ride the Montour to take a round-about way into the city, but once I settled on an afternoon flight, I realized that wasn't an option. I have a place to stay in Lawrenceville area, and my plan is to bus into downtown and hopefully check in there before dark and bike around town for a little before crashing. Saturday I want to head out of town, and I don't really have a timeline other than, "Don't dawdle like you did last time when you only made it as far Dravo on the first day." I have some supply stops planned on the way out of town, so I definitely want to take advantage of my Lawrenceville digs, so I can make my supply runs in the morning.