j0ew00ds
Rubber side down

Bikes: Kogswell G, Fuji Del Rey, Pinarello Treviso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Panthers007
Shogun bicycles had a name for themselves - which in all languages roughly translates to 'It Won't Go.'
Just took mine out to test and this statement seems to be utterly false. Maybe mine's just better than those other people's.

My Shogun 600 has a serial number of M3M06341. Full Shimano 105 Golden Arrow group set. All components are date coded HJ but the levers, which are HK. According to Vintage-Trek.com, that's October and November of '83. It has a "Made in Japan" decal on the seat tube just above the bottom bracket shell. Oddly enough, I ran into the same decal on a Miyata post here on BF just yesterday. Also has a Tange 900 decal on the seat tube. Shimano braze-ons and dropouts.

I have some pictures with not very good details of the important parts here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j0ew00d...7620696907629/. More pictures are forthcoming and don't worry, the drops are on their way back.

Any chance these were made by Miyata? I don't know if the serial matches their format, but that Japan decal is perplexing...