Old 02-08-17, 11:59 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Make it so.

Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
I am! That was essentially my first thought--keep it as original frame-wise as possible. There is a place here in Seattle, R&E Cycles (Rodriguez and Erickson Cycles) who are well-known in the area (at least) for custom bicycles, and they offer frame repair and nicely had prices online to get a good idea of what it would cost to repair a fork like my Paramount's.

The steerer has the serial number stamped into it, and it matches the serial stamped on the Campy rear dropout. R&E can replace the whole thing for a modest sum, but charge extra if the fork has been chromed. I need to email them and figure out what everything would entail, but the price is fine to me considering it is a Paramount. I would also have to see about a timeline for completion as I believe they are limiting frame repairs at the moment (only so many employees, I think, and the work is divided elsewhere). I would keep the original steerer as part of the history of the bike as well.