Old 02-28-18, 04:20 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor
Yes, it's a Selle Anatomica C series. All carbon makes it lighter than my Brooks C17 and Pro(ti rails); but I think lesss comfortable. I should add also that I'm not completely happy with my Brooks seats either. They're all about the same width.
Interesting, the more as I got one too through their crowdfunding-campaign when they initially developed the C. Comfortwise I find it very ok for a carbon saddle but more traditional saddles offer more comfort for obvious reasons. I am not using it currently as for one it is a bit slippery and second I tend to carry my folders with the saddle hung on my shoulder and am not sure if this is a good idea with carbon rails. Thus it will probably go onto a non folding bike.

Regarding your problems finding the right saddle: Every butt is different, so the best way is to visit a professional bike fitter who does a measurement regarding your individual pressure and how your load distributes on different saddles. In general the longer you want to ride the slimmer and harder a saddle should be, but this is not more than a general rule. In terms of leather saddles I own various Brooks models and while the B17 mens fits quite good (after breaking in for a long time) I cannot stand the Brooks Professional at all. I like the Selle Anatomica (leather version) very much though it is heavy and not perfect. Comfy from day one, no need to break in. Maybe worth a try, especially since you are in the US and shipping cost is not much of an issue compared to Europe where shipping, customs and taxes add to the price. I have also a Gilles Bertoud Galibier titanium - people say it is very comfy, already from the first ride but for me it is a bit different: Ok, but not perfect and needed a short period of breaking in. Pretty light, too. But not my first choice for a really long ride. Personal thing probably.

Regarding non leather saddles currently my choice is the Terry Comfort Arteria GT men. Pretty light, too. Surprisingly regarding preassure measurement this and the Selle Anatomica Titanico behaved almost identical (for my individual back end). Seems to fit a lot of people, so maybe worth a try, too.