Old 02-12-11, 06:15 PM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FunkyStickman
Thanks for the props, Adam! Yeah, my lighting setup isn't really practical for touring: the batteries are too heavy. You could use a solar charger with them, I suppose. If I were going to do brevets or long night riding, I'd consider a Sanyo dynohub ($40) and halogen lights... not as bright, but much much cheaper than a top-end LED setup.

Keep it coming, man! Can't wait to see it put together and rolling. I will post up pics of my rebuilt commuter as soon as my new wheels come in!
Even MagicShine is impractical. I like the setup with two flashlights. I carry them anyway to use at the campsite. Yeah, I'm stalled by the wheels, I need to drop by the bike shop and rush him up a bit.

Originally Posted by vXhanz
For that brake caliper protector I almost would have used some of that heat shrink wire wrap that you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot. Just slide it on and use a heat gun to basically "shrink wrap" the plastic to that part.
This tape is more resistant to abrasion than the heat shrink wrap. I have that stuff too, I used it on bike parts before, doesn't last long.

Originally Posted by vXhanz
Not to hijack the thread, but is there a way to use Li batteries for your setup?
Probably, but you'd need at least two and they're expensive and still take a ling time to charge. Funky's goal here was to get the most lights for the buck and these big batteries are cheap.