Old 02-03-19, 06:03 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Anyone hear from STAPFAM these days??
Originally Posted by berner
I've wondered about the bloke myself.Also 10Wheels has nor been heard from in about the same length of time.
I too recently thought about @10 Wheels. I once posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…I admire the distinctively laconic posts of that taciturn Texan, 10 Wheels. For example, in this reply to a thread on the Classic and Vintage Bicycles: What's it Worth? Appraisals and Inquiries Forum:
Originally Posted by ericlee
80's Vintage Nishiki Olympic. there were a link. i need a bike to commuter 10 miles a day to work. my budget is $100
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Jump on it....
His last post was on 7/21/17.The last post by @stapfam ,2/4/14, was actually a farewell:
Originally Posted by stapfam
Since the beginning of 2013 several of the older members of 50+ have been dissatisfied with the forum. I myself was one of them and I stopped participating in the Forum.....

I do realise that BF is a cycling forum but the 50+ group had something to offer the older rider that was a bit different to the other forums. The interests of the members is different and as such it was reflected in the content and postings that were made.

It now appears to me that the ethos of the 50+ has gone and it is not a forum I wish to participate in.

So thanks for the many years of enjoyment I have had with you but I think it is time for me to part Company with BF.

Doug
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
50+ used to be like the bar on "Cheers". There was a cast of characters like the Deege and Denver who had distinct personalities. Topics were generally related to bicycling or ageing but not always. It was it's own place.

Some people didn't like that. They said they felt like they had wandered into a bar where they didn't belong. Their solution was to change the bar and they did.

Know what? 50+ is coming back...
Originally Posted by (alledgedly by) Yogi Berra
Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 02-04-19 at 04:28 AM.