Old 05-14-19, 09:05 AM
Oso Polar

Bikes: Trek 3500, Jamis Renegade Escapade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
Well, Wiggle definitely did screw up their return process lately. It was extremely simple: they simply had a return address in US where you were supposed to mail the package yourself using whatever shipping method you wanted. Return shipping costs to US address were on you. I returned items two or three times previously and packages got back to UK and I was refunded pretty fast, under two weeks time or so.

Lately, however, they got a "bright" idea to "simplify" the return process and now if you'll initiate a return using their web site they'll use some third party "helper" service that will right away prepare a printable return shipping label and charge for the shipping. And it offers just one return shipping method that costs $20+ (shipping cost is still on you) and covers any package up to 20 kg AFAIR. Which is probably all great as long as you have a heavy package and are located far away from their return address. Unfortunately, for me it means that cost of returning light items (e.g. wrong size clothing) suddenly rose from ~$4 to $20 dollars.

I've spent two weeks exchanging emails with Wiggle support guys explaining them the issue with their "new and improved" return method. It took lots of patience. The majority of their support stuff are simply not aware that it is not possible to choose a return shipping method. Or that manual way to return package is not documented on their web site anymore. However, at the end, they told me that it is in fact still possible to just return the goods to the same address that was always used before.

The address is the following:

Wiggle Returns c/o Air City Post
153-63 Rockaway Boulevard
Jamaica, NY 11434

They still do believe that their web site provides an option for your own return method.
So, this is their reply: "If you can not create a return order using the 'self post' option, please add a note in the parcel with the original order number and your name and address to allow the returns team to locate your order when it arrives back to us."

I'm intending to return one package later this week and will update this thread on the experience.

PS. Address, as you can see, is in Jamaica, NY. Always was in Jamaica, NY during last few years. So, I'm a bit surprised where Washington, D.C. address came from?