Old 05-20-19, 08:40 AM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,032 Times in 1,427 Posts
First Year Ride Report

This past Saturday marked my first year of riding. I don't normally travel much, but the wife and I were away from home for 4 weeks last year, so not really 12 months worth of riding, but it is one calendar year's worth.

I had 292 individual rides, the longest was 101.7 miles. I spent 434 hours on the bike and rode 5,671 miles. A total of 173,726 feet of climbing (it's pretty flat here), and I burned almost a quarter million calories at 247,714. I had a total of 7 minor crashes...all but two caused by water, mud or algae-riddled slime on various MUPs ridden to connect different roads. There were innumerable trips to the bike store for various accoutrements and accessories.

I understand none of this is terribly impressive to anyone but me. Had you told me a year ago that I would ride 5,600 miles over the course of the next year I would have literally laughed in your face. At 52 years old, I rode far more this year than all the previous ones combined, even including when I was a kid and rode my bike all over the place. It's been a really fun year.

-Matt
Likes For MattTheHat: