Old 06-10-19, 09:40 AM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 57 Posts
Ed Boltz RIP

Not sure if any of you people on the east coast knew him, but Ed Boltz died from a massive heart attack during the pre-ride of a 1000K. Follows is the message Hamid posted on the Perms List. I met Hamid when I did his 200K in King George, VA back in March:

Thanks to many of you who have reached out to me and showed me your support & your thought & prayer for Ed's family.
I know that you have many questions and you want to know every little detail since you care. Ed did not die because of any cycling accident by the car or anything else. Ed & I were 5 miles in the ride on Friday June 7 at 4:20am when he had a massive cardiac arrest. He received every medical attention that he could get but at the end his brain damage was to sever that he could not survive. According to his team of cardiologist, he could have a stress test the day before and his heart rupture could stay undetected. Life is so precious & we should not take it for granted so enjoy every moment & let's love each other since we don't know when we leave this earth. With his family permission, I will provide you their contact info so you can send them your condolences & support. Hamid