View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 10:33 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18350 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by dglevy
What's a 'stepped nut'? Is that the sort of nut that I showed in my photo? I looked at some pictures of 'stepped nut' online, and it looks like that would be a nut that has two or more different diameters to it (i.e. not just a simple cylinder, in this case). If that's what a stepped nut is, then my tubes have stepped nuts. Thanks for the info .
I think that little step to the nut is specific to Continental. My interpretation is that if you have a rim drilled for Schrader, you can turn the small diameter part of the nut towards the rim to help fill the oversized valve hole.

But, in general, it doesn't do much.

As far as tires, I think the tan sidewall cross-hatch tires (gators, gator hardshell, 4S, 4000, etc) tires are all made in Europe.

However, the black sidewall tires such as the Continental Sport tires are Asian imports.

I still have to find a Continental Tube with yellow writing, and a little rougher surface, but I'd guess those would be European made, but may well be discontinued.

I can understand your dismay, expecting a European manufactured product, and receiving something that may well be made in the same factory as Kenda, and every other brand tube.

I wonder what they sell in Germany.