View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 09:23 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
Impressive! What rear rack is that? I reckon long chainstays can also help when fitting wide tires. I bought a gravel bike with shorter chainstays than my Disc Trucker...I used Tubus' little rack extender bracket that adds about 1" distance; otherwise I would have had "heal" strike. The bracket only works for the "classic" Tubus racks not "Evo".
Sunlite Gold Tec HD Touring Rack. I got my first one few years ago from the local Co-op. It was used & obtained for Co-op prices.
My 2nd one, I picked up from Amazon cost $15 plus $15 shipping. I would've said "No way. What good rack costs $15?" But since I already had one from the co-op, I knew it was good & definitely worth the shipping.
When I bought my 3rd one it was just $30 and free shipping. So the same price, but they must've figured out I wasn't the only one to think $15 was too cheap & balked at the shipping price.
Either way, they're good racks. After years of use the powder-coating has held up well.

Sunlite Gold Tec HD

Last edited by base2; 06-18-19 at 09:32 AM.