Old 12-27-18, 07:30 PM
cobalt123

Bikes: Salsa Marrakesh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by billm67
Congrats on the new bike and getting going on Zwift. Take some time and adjust the seat height and angle. It will take some time to get it adjusted to the spot that will give you a comfortable ride. Just take it slow. I am getting back on the bike after a few years away and some significant weight gain. Watch the FTP on zwift because with will increase it on you. Also...I have found that Zwift's algorithms for speed and power are not built for people over 200 pounds. I used my regular weight and the bike on zwift was moving very slow even when putting out decent power. I ended up lowering my weight in Zwift because I was getting very frustrated with trying to ride with that setup. I am not riding in any competitive events...only riding by myself on the Zwift programs. If I ever get to the point where I want to ride and of the competitive rides I would set my weight back up. But I found that the program set up for my accurate weight just killed my motivation.
That is interesting! That was one of my biggest issues... I couldn't keep up with traffic except in short bursts. I'm definitely going to tweak the weight now!