Old 06-17-19, 07:47 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10897 Post(s)
Liked 7,384 Times in 4,144 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
This has been the case for some time now. Which is why our kids have gotten fat and lazy before their time. I was on the elevator the other day with twenty-somethings that waited for the elevator to go down one floor.

Parents think its cool to buy their kids electric devices completely ignoring the importance of their developing muscles and bone structure. If they never develop during the formative year, they will suffer for the rest of their lives. Way to go parents.
A few young adults took an elevator so obviously the youth in this country are fat and lazy.

I held off on electronics for my kids for a long time. We dont have a game console and they barely use a traditional computer. But they do play on apps. Lots of world building and whatnot.
I fail to find fault with them playing those games for an 30min to an hour each day. They actually play together on separate devices so its social. Creative and social? Oh the horror!

Like most everything, it's all about the details. Some video games may not be good, but others can be great. Some time spent playing video games may be fine while a lot of time spent may be bad.
Etc etc etc.
I am typing this on a phone and posting to a virtual conversation board...i can hardly fault kids for doing similar.