kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by Steamer
Those bags are nice, but my OCD says they will catch too much wind.
Agree, they do stick out a bit. Unless it's cold or rainy next week, I won't need them, so it's really just a five dollar insurance policy. Just thought I'd share since I wasn't sure if the Molle fasteners would work, and they work almost like it was designed for it.

What did you think of the tires?
Definitely a noticeable improvement going from 23 to 28, and I like those Michelin tires for twenty-five bucks. Great recommendation. Also quite noticeable was getting rid of that wobbly front wheel, and I like the side loaders better than the iris cages. I'll keep those on there unless bottles start bouncing out. Planning to get some longer rides in this weekend to really give everything a good shakedown, but I'm really happy with how everything is shaping up. Couldn't have done it without the help here.

That flex noodle doesn't seem necessary, although sometimes those are useful on front brakes on bents.
The rear brake wasn't working right so I replaced the inner cable and there was a kink there, so I'll remove it when I replace the housing. Is it normal to wrap the bars and the stem with cork tape like it is now to hold the cables in place? I guess any cheap tape is fine since you don't put your hands there anyway?