Old 01-02-19, 03:40 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
I want to return the topic back to the original post because one of the main reasons I'm staying away from the electric bike movement is due to the fact there is no nationwide repair center for them. I visit local bike shops and notice they are selling 2K electric bikes from Giant or Trek with complex built in motors and not a single person on staff with the knowledge to repair them. It's like buying a car from a dealer but if something goes wrong, you have to ship the vehicle back to Detroit for repairs!

Also, I'm noticing new electric bike frames being constructed and sold each year with numerous of exotic parts. Is there anyone stocking these parts or will the e-bike simply get tossed to the shredder in 7-10 years. It seems like today's e-bike is creating a disposable form of transport because I've yet to see any e-bike sold ten years ago still on the street today.

Having said that, I'm still considering building one up with an inexpensive front wheel and small battery. This way I can still return the bike back to it's original form once the motor no longer works. ;-)
Just a matter of perspective. Are you posting on a 10 year old smart phone or computer?