View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 01:34 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Only Mods should be able to delete threads.

Why allow for the possibility of other people's sometimes valuable info, to be wiped out of existence for God knows what reason(s).

An OP editing his OP post to a "." should be enough.
Just yesterday, I posted to @wipekitty's preliminary thread to this one, on the Living Car Free Forum:
Originally Posted by wipekitty
test - attempting to delete.
Originally Posted by wipekitty
…I was under the impression that it was possible to delete one's own thread - and indeed, recall a heated discussion a couple of years ago after some posters were unhappy that the OP deleted the entire thread
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I have previously posted about such a heated discussion on this Living Car Free Forum, maybe the same one:
Originally Posted by Machka
You're right, I did start a thread like that.
You're also right that you could not find it.
I deleted it
. .
Originally Posted by Roody
I contributed to that thread, my thoughts and ideas that I took some time to type out. How dare you delete the thread without permission of those who contributed?

I think this is outrageous. You have no right! How were you able to even do that?
Originally Posted by winston63
I've got to admit I find it very surprising that a thread starter can delete a thread

To be honest I'm not all that comfortable with the thought that a thread starter can just delete someone's contribution at will…
Follow my first link for further discussion.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-06-19 at 01:41 PM.