View Single Post
Old 08-10-19, 07:42 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
My neighbor's Serotta broke yesterday

I have no pics to show. He was out riding his steel-frame Serotta when the drive-side dropout snapped where the adjustment screws goes through. Some of you have met him on C&V rides we have done. Fortunately he was not hurt but the bike didn't come out too well. The RD caught the spokes, snapped one, pulled another spoke out of the nipple, bent the RD cage. The cage can probably be bent back into shape. The wheel will take some fixin' but it's doable. I suggested he take the frame to Peter Mooney who is only about a mile and a half away.

In the meantime, he needs a bike. I lent him my Grandis. He is about my size. He did a test ride around the block(s) and said it felt just like his Super Course. (What? You gotta' be kidding, Larry. The Grandis is a twitchy hard-riding go kart! Well, maybe his Serotta was too so it feels normal.) He'll swap in his pedals, remove the front bag.

We spent some time after that drinkin' some really good beer. He provided the beer.
Likes For jimmuller: