Old 08-21-19, 11:45 AM
ciclista_pazza

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Absolute, Yokota mountain bike (199?), 1979 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
I'm retired and no longer bike to work (!) but for my last 12 working years I commuted several days a week Spring-Fall on recumbent bikes. Suburban/urban/suburban. Not a problem locking them to the bike racks that I used in three different parking garages at the hospital where I worked. Used a U-lock plus one or two cables/padlocks much of that time. Would a recumbent fit into your storage locker if the seat were removed? The seats of my RANS bikes are easy to take off, which I do for transporting them on car racks.
Not sure how well typical bike shops are at fixing 'bents, as I've done almost all the work needed on my bikes. But remember, most of the parts on a recumbent bikes are just bike parts.
If you've got a specialty recumbent shop in town, you are lucky in that respect, as those are few and far between.
Thanks! I don't know if it would fit if the seat were removed but that's a good suggestion. I will look at some and see. It's going to be about a $50 Uber ride just to get to the recumbent shop since they're on the edge of town (and then I'll probably need to rent a truck to get it home after I find one since I don't have a vehicle) so I appreciate this info ahead of my trip to the bent shop!