Old 04-20-20, 12:10 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001
Plenty of times I really didn't want to go out and ride, even on a nice sunny day. I've had that feeling even after I've changed into my cycling kit and pull a bike out of the bike cave. But I always tell myself just start the ride and if after 10 minutes I'm still in the mood to not ride just turn around and go home. It works for me and I've never turned around and went home, and have had some of my best rides when I did this.
It mostly works for me too. Only if I'm completely underdressed or the wind ends up being gustier than it seemed will I ever turn back. And by underdressed I mean that even after the first small hill in Prospect Park I still feel cold because usually even if I'm cold to start I'm plenty warm after that. If I'm still thinking about it after that I go home. Gusty winds just aren't any fun to ride in, and even though the loop in PP is just that, a loop, it still will seem as if the wind is always in your face, because it just is. That one instant when it is at your back you're climbing the hill and it doesn't help. It truly feels like it is "always uphill and against the wind."
Likes For zacster: