View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 08:52 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
Originally Posted by oleg232000
Yeah what is science. A bunch of malarkey anyway. Pfffft.

Oh and lets not discount the fact you have to pack, carry and pay for all the parts you would need to replace your tire/tube on the road. So lets see how your crazy little thing called "science" adds the weight, cost and comfort into your equation.

Then Again, whats science, right?
I carry 2 tubes, 2 irons and a patch kit. With Gatorskins I might go with just one tube and still carry the rest. I retire tubes at 5 patches. Patches ~25 cents each. So not a whole lot of cost or weight.

I"m tall and light. Not a good combo for tire traction. I don't like crashing. So paying more for grippier tires and spending more time on the side if the road is, for me, far better than a skid and crash on wet leaves, a little oil or sand or whatever.

Science? Intact bodies go a lot faster!

Oh, my tires are Paselas for city riding - not great traction but decent and Vittoria G+ or G2.0. As a bonus, both have very nice suppple sidewalls and very decent rides for the price.

Ben