Old 12-01-20, 12:01 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Jicafold
If you are a volunteer then you have chosen to accept the risk. I'm sure they told you that in class. I'm not required to go anywhere I don't have to. Besides, that's irrelevant to the question I had asked. Let's stay on topic here shall we?

What we were told first and what we are told in every class we take, is that we, the Firefighter or EMS are the most important person at the scene of an incident. Our health and our safety is the #1 top priority. That is what we are told. And that is how we train. That is how we behave. No one has a right to any of the services we provide. Most people don't realize this but the crew that runs headlong into your burning living room with a charged hose to rescue your puppy has it in the back of their mind that there are limits to just how deep they are going in. I say this as an individual that has on numerous occasions gone in quite deep. Risk much to save much, risk little to save little.

You are correct on one thing, you are not required to go anywhere you don't want to go. If you don't want to go to the food store then unless you can get someone to bring the food to you then you go hungry. If you don't want to go to work, then you stay home but I suspect your paycheck would be a tad thin.

This is why you should be happy to pay $25 delivered for a 50c nut to fix your bicycle.

Last edited by Thomas15; 12-01-20 at 12:05 PM.