View Single Post
Old 12-01-20, 12:07 PM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas15
What we were told first and what we are told in every class we take, is that we, the Firefighter or EMS are the most important person at the scene of an incident. Our health and our safety is the #1 top priority. That is what we are told. And that is how we train. That is how we behave. No one has a right to any of the services we provide. Most people don't realize this but the crew that runs headlong into your burning living room with a charged hose to rescue your puppy has it in the back of their mind that there are limits to just how deep they are going in. I say this as an individual that has on numerous occasions gone in quite deep.
That's nice. However, completely irrelevant. I'm not sure why you are even bringing that up but it doesn't really matter. As stated....I'm not required to go anywhere I don't have to. Food is essential. I shop for food. This nut for my bike wheel is not essential at this time, but will be eventually. I don't "have" to enter the bike shop. And I work from home... when I'm not reading about the moral and ethical obligations of firefighters.