View Single Post
Old 11-29-18, 10:11 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Eh, it is easy to hate on things. I tend to ignore the closed minds in all of life, the things that people find to be personally threatened by never cease to astound me.

Originally Posted by badger1
I do not understand why threads on these motor vehicles have been started here in General Cycling Discussion. There is an "E-bike" sub-forum on BF. That is where this thread belongs.
As with all these comments, there should be no General Discussion at all. Every single thread here could be elsewhere.

I do not understand why people show up to threads they have no interest in to tell others they have no interest and it should go elsewhere so they don't have to see it.

Originally Posted by Reynolds
The only qualitative difference between a bicycle and a motorcycle is that one is propelled by its rider and the other by a motor. So for me e-bikes are motorcycles.
As one who has ridden (but does not own) ebikes, and who owns a motorcycle, no, no they are not motorcycles. Anyone who honestly thinks ebikes are closer to motorcycles than bikes is pushing an agenda

The day I can take an ebike down a limited access interstate (and no, not one of those special bits out west where most traffic is allowed), maybe my stance will change.