View Single Post
Old 02-23-19, 08:25 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetspot
Actually thanks to reach+ and stack+ measurement it is quite easy to emulate grail position on your current bike. Just use bike geo net calculator to establish your current stack and reach with stem and spacer and then change the handlebar height to archive similar stack to grail. Then just move your saddle to get similar reach (assuming you have properly set the the saddle position on your current bike) and viola. From my experiments grail brings much lower and rather shorter position in S size and very long position in M size. Both not for my liking. And there is the issue of standover height: I currently ride 54 size jamis renegade exploit with generous standover clearance. Size S of grail has a standover height over 80 cm and M size is over 83 cm. If you have a inseam 83,5 cm like I am there is no way you will feel good on M size Grail which is by the way recommended size for me by Canyon.
yes stack+ and reach+ are listed for the grail, I agree. I didn't mention those measurements when I listed the geometry that is absent from their website.