View Single Post
Old 04-13-19, 05:20 AM
MichaPau

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Jamis Renegade owners!

Could anyone confirm that the picture on the official Jamis site for the Expat model is a 54 frame (or even smaller).
It should be estimable when looking at the Head Tube length for someone who has one of this size.

[can't add the image here because I just subscribed here]

I'm asking this because I can't decide between the 56 and 58 frame size.
So I try to scale to fit and overlay the images in a graphic program to get a feeling about the frame in comparison with my actual bike.
(overlaying the semi-transparent images to see the difference in the geometry)

When I do this with the image from the jamis site it seems to small to fit me. (which is normal when it is a 54 frame).
I've tried to search for other undistorted side-view images and found one claiming to be a 58 frame size which than seems to big for me.

I don't have the real measurements of my actual bike, it's a very old road bike and I am a bit scared that I don't do it right when measuring it with a tape.
I'm 180cm (5'11') with an inseam of 84cm (33''). I guess both the 56 and the 58 should fit my size.

But thing is, ideally, my new bike should have just a little bit more reach than my actual bike has.(seems to be around 370mm - but again I am not totally sure where to measure exactly - the stem is shaped completely different etc.)

Thanks if anyone can recognize the frame size of the image on the jamis web page.

Last edited by MichaPau; 04-13-19 at 10:52 AM. Reason: type, try to add an image