Old 09-17-09, 10:37 AM
rsharp
Anything with 2 wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yet another ol Bianchi
I found this forum thru a google search on my new/old bike. I recently recieved a abandoned Bianchi which I am restoring. After reading the stuff here I think it may be pretty much original, if only because all the componennts come up as being roughly the same vintage. The bike sat for at least 5 years, maybe a lot longer.
I THINK it may be a mid 90s but the fully lugged frame makes me think it is early 90s. Regardless, it is in good shape so I am going to rebuild it as is and put it on the road for a while before making any changes.

The vitals are:

Bianchi Axis sn ES059524
Black frame with blue decals
Fully lugged “Superset II” & “Tange Cro Mo” frame with rack mount points on seat stays and integral pump location behind head tube.
Head tube has a bird crest decal and small “made in Japan” sticker at the top
“Cross Terra” sticker on left chain stay

Forks look more like MTB style, has Bianchi stickers that say “Unicrown” & “Tange Cro Mo”. Fork has front fender lugs at the bottom.

Sakae “X-Hybrid” handlebars
Suntour GPX brake levers

Crank Sakae SXC Roundtech, 3-gear
Pedals Sakae
Rear cluster Suntour 7-gear
Rear derailleur Suntour XCD
Front derailleur Suntour top pull

Brakes Dia Comp 986
Wheels have big sticker that says Araya 700c VX-400, Suntour hubs

I would be interested in nailing down the exact year, and if these are indeed all the original bits and pieces I will probobly just try to keep it in good condition, or at least keep the parts I remove. Since the bike was free I am not really inclined to sell it, even if it was worth a bit, but I do want to maintin its value. Doing a full disassemble and clean now, waiting for my tires to come in the mail.