View Single Post
Old 10-28-19, 01:43 PM
PepeM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Definitely the Cruzbike. Trikes are fun and some people can make the racing models fly but I can’t. Three wheels has too much rolling resistance and generally a weight penalty.

Be aware that the Cruzbike has a fairly steep learning curve but people have put out some serious speed in them.

Personally, if I was looking at a two wheeled bent, which I’m not, I’d look at the Vite site and check out the new Freestyle and some of his other stuff. John and his wife are also Bacchetta dealers if one needs to order Bacchetta Carbontrike or a CA3.

BTW, I ride an ICE VTX with all the light stuff. I’d put it up against a Bacchetta Carbontrike anyday. It’s not carbon but it’s got a better pedigree, stiffer, etc. Top line VTX cost is close to the same.
Thanks. That ICE VTX looks like a serious machine. Quite expensive though. What is the Vite site you talk about?

Good to know that the trikes are generally slower, although I feel that there has to be more to it than just one extra tire worth of rolling resistance.