Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
Are you sure? Are you riding in the correct portions of the country? I see others from different states posting on Strava. Let's say, Georgia, one may have KOM's on segments consisting of 20 riders climbing a 4% grade at 13 mph.

But look at a state, lets say California, where the segments are consisting of 15,000 riders on grades of 6% averaging 16-17 mph. Seems a bit more popular and more competitive.

KOM's over 20 cyclists is much different than the places where there are 15,000 cyclists.

Maybe some of the racers who travel the country are actually traveling to the not so popular countries. Around here, it doesn't seem to be on the decline. If anything here in California, I see more cyclist on the road than ever.

Could it be you're in the wrong state?
I get what you're saying, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think it's a little off topic of the thread.

Maybe I didn't word my first post well enough. This isn't a thread for people to come debate my reasons for having my outlook. This is a thread to share your opinions and observations from wherever you are.